Christ Church History...

  • 1891 - Shenango Presbytery Sends two Ministers to Ellwood City to Organize a Church
  • 1894 - Church Assigned First Pastor
  • 1895 - Selection of the Site for First Presbyterian Church
  • 1910 - Decision to Build New Church
  • 1911 - Cornerstone Laid for New Church
  • 1912 - Dedication of Church
  • 1950 - Church Sanctuary Destroyed by Fire
  • 1959 - Church Name Changed to Christ Church United Presbyterian
  • 1963 - Dedication of Education Wing
  • 1980 - 1st Boar's Head Presentation
  • 1983 - Church Name Changed to Christ Presbyterian Church (PCUSA)
  • 1990 - Church Made Handicapped Accessible
  • 1997 - Dedication of New Petty-Madden Organ
  • 1998 - Purchase of Property for Parking Lot Expansion
  • 2000 - Parking Lot Open for Use
  • 2002 - Paving of the Parking Lot with a New Handicapped Entrance into the Library























- Original Church Building - 1895























- New Church Cornerstone Laid - 1911























- Sanctuary Fire - 1950


 




















- Christian Education Wing - 1963







































- First Boar's Head Presentation - 1980























-Petty-Madden Organ - 1997























- Parking Lot Open for Use - 2000























- New Handicapped Entrance - 2002

Christ Presbyterian Church 325 Spring Ave. Ellwood City, PA 16117 724-758-4563